Dropshipping essentially means instead of buying inventory you display products – which are housed in a dropshipping wholesalers warehouse – on your own website.
When the sale is made, you purchase the product from the wholesaler who packs and ships the product directly to your customer. As the retailer, your profit is made from the markup you put on the product. It’s that simple – at least most of the time.
The main advantage of dropshipping for entrepreneurs – especially if they’re new to ecommerce – is that you don’t need to carry any inventory. This significantly reduces both the upfront costs and risk involved with starting your new business.
But, as you can expect, there are some pros and cons to this particular ecommerce business model, so let’s examine them further.
Pros and Cons Of Working With Dropshipping Wholesalers
While a great entry point to the ecommerce industry, dropshipping is not a business model to enter into lightly, as the reality is, you’ll be in near-constant contact with your dropshipping wholesaler.
And working with the wrong supplier can cause you a world of transatlantic problems that you end up trying to solve while making no money. No bueno.
3 Main Pros of Working with Dropshipping Wholesalers
- It costs very little to get started. This means it’s good for experimenting with ecommerce until you find a profitable niche.
- There are quick and easy expansion opportunities. You can focus on marketing and let your dropshipping wholesaler focus on logistics.
- It’s easy to change niche or market if your idea or marketing campaign fails to take off. Saying that, dropshipping is not without its drawbacks. It’s important to consider these disadvantages, especially if your long-term vision is to build a brand that evolves into a household name.
3 Main Cons of Working with Dropshipping Wholesalers
- You can’t offer a branded experience in your packaging without paying significantly more.
- You’ll have slower shipping times, which means you’ll have to deal with a lot of customer service questions.
- Since you have no idea what’s being shipped to the customer, you can’t be sure of the quality.
Thinking of Starting a New Business?
Now is the time! With our society ready to get back in action (safely), new business concepts are quickly emerging with creative flows for serving the public without the high risk of spreading the virus. Put your innovative business concepts into play, and connect with us to get the funding you need to start your newest venture!
Financial restraints have been a complaint for many of the dreamers, limiting themselves to their immediate funds. There is an alternative. If you have the dreams and decent credit, Small Business Loans and No Doc Loans are available to you. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge you need and the resources available to make your dream a reality. Give us a call – we have the education and the perspective to help you obtain the loans you need for your small business. Visit our website or give us a call to find out what financial backing is available to make your business soar!
Unsecured Finances has over 10 years in the consulting business! We specialized in educating and assisting clients on acquiring Unsecured Business Loans and Start-Up Business Specialty Loans including; Unsecured No Documentation (No-Doc Stated Income) Loans, Unsecured Business Loans, and Unsecured Start-Up Business Loans and Lines of Credit from $10,000 to $500,000 without Assets.