Starting a Florida lawn business can be a reliable way to make a steady income. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the state of Florida had over 8,000,000 housing units and over in 2008 and more than 500,000 business in 2007. This makes for a large market for a residential and commercial lawn care business. There are no special degrees or certificates needed to start this business which makes it fairly easy to start. If you have the determination and drive that it takes to be an independent business owner and have a genuine interest in lawn care, this business should be a good fit for you.
But how do you start? Here are 6 fundamentals to starting your lawncare business.
1. Decide whether you want to start a residential or commercial lawn care business. With a residential lawn care business, clients will pay less but you have more clients to choose from as opposed to providing lawn care service to commercial clients.
2. Purchase the necessary equipment. This should include a lawn mower and leaf blower at the least. You may also want to purchase some protective gear such as face masks, goggles and gloves. Make sure the lawn mower and leaf blower you purchase can withstand a significant amount of use as you will be using it a lot.
3. Secure a vehicle that is large enough to hold your lawn business equipment if you don’t already have one.
4. Get a business license. Contact the government offices for the Florida city or county that you live in to find out how to obtain a business license. Usually the finance department for the city or county handles this.
5. Obtain the proper insurance you may need to operate your business. A representative in the office where you get your business license will be able to tell you what insurance you need and where you can get it from. It’s a good idea to at least get property and damage liability insurance to protect your business against any financial loss.
6. Market your business. Use fliers and business cards with your with your business name and contact information on them. Inform your neighbors that you have started a lawn business. You may be able to get your first clients by doing this.
Having a website nowadays is a must, whether it is a one page site or a fully built out site, you should at the very least include your email, contact number, pricing, service descriptions and links to social media. Which leads to social media marketing. Having an Instagram and a Facebook account with consistent posting is a great way for peolple to find you, and to be informed about the services you offer.
Florida, the Time is NOW
With the opportunities for small businesses booming, why wait another moment. What is keeping you down? Financial restraints have been a complaint for many of the dreamers, limiting themselves to their immediate funds. There is an alternative. If you have the dreams and decent credit, Small Business Loans and No Doc Loans are available to you. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge you need and the resources available to make your dream a reality. Give us a call – we have the education and the perspective to help you obtain the loans you need for your small business. Visit our website or give us a call to find out what financial backing is available to make your business soar!
Unsecured Finances has over 10 years in the consulting business! We specialized in educating and assisting clients on acquiring Unsecured Business Loans and Start-Up Business Specialty Loans including; Unsecured No Documentation (No-Doc Stated Income) Loans, Unsecured Business Loans, and Unsecured Start-Up Business Loans and Lines of Credit from $10,000 to $500,000 without Assets.
Apply on our website to find out if you qualify, or call today for a free consultation: 1-888-294-2584