There may be a lot of apprehension concerning Valentine’s Day this year in 2021 for a lot of businesses. The question remains about how much business they should be preparing themselves for. However, many publications have predicted this Valentine’s Day to big a success, especially following this past year.
Setting aside some time to plan a thoughtful Valentine’s Day promotion can really help your business compete. With some easy tips and targeted promotions, you can make this a successful holiday for your business!
Remember to keep your customers and staff safe by adhering to standard COVID guidelines (wearing a mask, frequent hand washing, social distancing, etc.), and adhere to all local and state health regulations.
Leave enough room in your store so that customers are not in close contact with each other. Keep the area near your cash register as open as possible and ensure that aisles are wide enough to allow for ease of movement and distancing. If you’re providing online shopping and delivery, clearly spell out your order deadlines and delivery options. If you’re providing curbside pick-up as an alternative to delivery, train your staff in your process.
Review your customer base to decide who you want to target (men, women, younger/older adults, etc.), and plan accordingly with your merchandise or services.
- Decorate your business. Visit your local party supply store and pick up pink, red, and white decorations.
- Create window displays. If your business has a front window, advertise your Valentine’s related goods and services in this prime real estate.
- Review what you ordered last year to see what was popular and what didn’t sell well.
- For many businesses, such as florists and candy stores, it’s the busiest time of the year, so hire additional staff as needed.
- Spotlight your Valentine’s Day items by placing those goods in one area, preferably close to the door and/or checkout area. Make this area stand out with decorations and signage.
- Increase sales with gift sets. If you sell items that go together well, consider creating gift sets at a discounted price. Items such as candles, soaps and lotions are complimentary.
- For a service business such as a hair styling salon or spa, consider offering discounts for package deals on services.
- Create special items just for Valentine’s Day. Consider making special items created or sold once per year; a chocolatier, for instance, could make special heart-shaped candies and include cute sayings about love on larger pieces.
- Don’t forget that men and women both shop for this occasion. Dedicate a special section of “for him” and “for her” gifts.
Online shopping has seen an increase in the age of COVID, so update your website and social media accounts with any changes to your business (such as safety procedures and online shopping/delivery options), as well as new products and specials. There are many styles of marketing campaigns to engage customers, including direct mail, email, social media, and in-store signage. An email is one of the cheapest ways to communicate with clients, but send email promotions early so people can plan gift ideas ahead of time. Use Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. While it’s good to plan ahead with posts leading up to Valentine’s Day, you can also post information at the last minute and still reach shoppers via social media.
While many of the tips offered above also apply to restaurants, there are a few special considerations:
- Much of your business this year will likely be takeout or delivery, so review these procedures and change as needed.
- Make sure you have enough staff and that they’re trained to handle increased business.
- For customers who place orders online in advance of the day, provide specials such as free dessert or discounts on appetizers.
- Don’t forget to order plenty of take-out packaging.
- In order to keep staff and customers as safe as possible, allow pickups only at the front door or a designated window rather than letting customers inside.If that’s not possible, serve one customer at a time inside to avoid crowding. You can also use curbside delivery.
- Finally, don’t forget that Valentine’s Day isn’t just for romantic partners, but many loved ones. People, especially women, may buy gifts for children, parents, friends, coworkers, and even their pets!
Thinking of Starting a New Business?
Now is the time! With our society ready to get back in action (safely), new business concepts are quickly emerging with creative flows for serving the public without the high risk of spreading the virus. Put your innovative business concepts into play, and connect with us to get the funding you need to start your newest venture!
Financial restraints have been a complaint for many of the dreamers, limiting themselves to their immediate funds. There is an alternative. If you have the dreams and decent credit, Small Business Loans and No Doc Loans are available to you. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge you need and the resources available to make your dream a reality. Give us a call – we have the education and the perspective to help you obtain the loans you need for your small business. Visit our website or give us a call to find out what financial backing is available to make your business soar!
Unsecured Finances has over 10 years in the consulting business! We specialized in educating and assisting clients on acquiring Unsecured Business Loans and Start-Up Business Specialty Loans including; Unsecured No Documentation (No-Doc Stated Income) Loans, Unsecured Business Loans, and Unsecured Start-Up Business Loans and Lines of Credit from $10,000 to $500,000 without Assets.
Apply on our website to find out if you qualify, or call today for a free consultation: 1-888-294-2584